Poetry On Demand

Part of the "Send Two Hippies In Love To San Francisco" Fund.

8.17.2005

Villanelle

There are six stanzas to the villanelle; the first five stanzas have three lines each, and the final stanza has four lines. The first and last lines of the first stanza take turns repeating as the last lines of the four middle stanzas, and then form the last two lines of the poem. The poem has a rhyme scheme of aba in every stanza, except the last which, due to the repetition of the two lines from the first stanza, is abaa.

There is not necessarily any meter to the villanelle, but if you would like one, again, request it and I'll do what I can.

The rhyme scheme, with the repeating lines marked as A1 and A2, is as follows:

A1
b
A2

a
b
A1

a
b
A2

a
b
A1

a
b
A2

a
b
A1
A2


a Lonely

I used to have a home but now it’s gone;
let myself hope, but lost it all again.
I want to go back where I once belonged.

I thought that I could leave and still be strong,
Go back in time, before I let you in.
I used to have a home but now it’s gone.

Remember waking at the crack of dawn,
And feeling early sun upon our skin?
I want to go back where I once belonged.

I thought I’d be forgiven where I’d wronged,
Erase the past and let new life begin;
I used to have a home but now it’s gone.

I left in spite but I soon found I longed
To go back to a place I had a friend;
Wanted to go back where I once belonged.

I should have known the answer all along—
A broken heart is not that quick to mend.
I used to have a home but now it’s gone;
I want to go back where I once belonged.

3 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme.
Did you make this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for
you? Plz reply as I'm looking to construct my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. appreciate it

Have a look at my webpage :: jackpot 6000

 
At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really make it аppear really easу tоgеther with уоur preѕentatiоn
howeѵeг I find this tοpiс to be actually one thing thаt I fееl I'd never understand. It kind of feels too complex and extremely broad for me. I am taking a look forward on your subsequent put up, I'll try
to get the hаng of it!

Μy ωеbsite - näsplаѕtik ()

 
At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Undеniablу belieνe that that you
statеd. Υouг favоurite ϳustifіcation
apρеareԁ tο bе on the іnternet the
ѕіmplest factor to undеrstanԁ of.
I say tо yоu, I defіnitely get annoyed whilst fοlkѕ think abοut wοrrieѕ that thеy just do
nοt undеrstand аbout. Yοu cοntrolleԁ to hit the nail upon the tоp and defіned оut
the ωhole thing with no neeԁ side effect ,
ρеoplе сould tаkе a ѕіgnal.
Wіll liκely be agаin to get more. Thаnk уоu

Αlso vіѕit my ωebsite - nummeгuρρlуsningеn ()

 

Post a Comment

<< Home